These are the BEST fudgy brownies!
Ok, I know this is going to be hard to believe for brownie lovers, like me, who are ever in search of the perfect brownie recipe. But I think I finally have my favorite for a basic fudgy brownie. No cream cheese here, no peanut butter, no additional exotic flavors…just good old-fashioned chocolate nuttiness. And the best part…no expensive or hard-to-find chocolate required. And since this recipe is made from scratch and standard pantry/fridge items, you don’t have to remember to pick up a mix to have these decadent chewy morsels any night of the week. The process is simple too: all you need is a bowl and whisk.
You won’t BELIEVE how basic this recipe is:
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted (I use salted or unsalted, whatever I have on hand)
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup Hershey’s Cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 or 2 tsp vanilla extract (use ONLY real vanilla extract, makes a big difference)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Butter or spray with baking spray an 8” x 8” baking pan, or you can also use an 8” pie dish for these if you want to serve the brownies in pie shaped wedges.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees ( I like my brownies a little under-baked, so my trick is to bake these in a slightly cooler oven, 325 degrees).
- Beat eggs; blend in sugar and melted butter. Stir in flour, cocoa powder and salt. Add vanilla extract and chopped nuts.
- Pour into a prepared pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until ALMOST set. Brownies will not test done in center. Cool for a few minutes, or as long as you can stand to wait; cut into squares or wedges. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream. Serves 6 to 8, depending on how generously brownies are cut.
Recipe can be doubled if preparing for a larger group.
Enjoy! And let me know what you think.
- An Unbeatable Brownie (thedailybeast.com)